There is no better place to go for an exceptional afternoon tea experience than Burj Al Arab.
Visitors may indulge in a luxurious experience with a variety of savory and sweet dishes at this restaurant, which is located in the famous sail-shaped hotel.
Enjoy delicious finger sandwiches, fluffy scones, handmade cakes, and more while taking in Jumeirah Beach and the Persian Gulf breathtaking views.
Each sip of tea adds a different flavor to this magnificent gastronomic experience thanks to the diversity of available mixes. For a memorable experience, unwind and indulge in the Afternoon Tea Burj Al Arab.
- What Is Special About Burj Al Arab
- How To Get Inside Burj Al Arab Hotel
- Afternoon Tea Burj Al Arab at Sahn Eddar or Pearl Lounge
- High Tea at Skyview Bar in Burj al Arab Hotel
- Lunch or Dinner at Burj Al Arab
- Burj Al Arab Inside Tours
- The Restaurants and Bars in Burj al Arab
- How To Reach
- Other Ways to See Burj Al Arab From The Outside
What Is Special About Burj Al Arab
- Burj Al Arab Hotel is the world’s only 7-star luxury hotel located on an artificial island in Dubai.
- It stands 321 meters tall, making it the tallest hotel in the world.
- It has 202 duplex suites, each with its floor of living space, private Jacuzzi, private elevator, and large viewing terrace. They are claimed to be one of the most expensive suites in the world.
- There is an underwater restaurant called Al Mahara (“Oyster”) that is located beneath the ocean and may be accessed by a simulated underwater adventure. This restaurant has a sizable aquarium that holds around 990,000 L (260,000 gals) of water. According to a Condé Nast Traveler assessment, the restaurant is among the top 10 restaurants in the world.
- The interior of the hotel is decorated with gold, marble, and crystal elements giving it a truly opulent feel.
- One of the highest helipads in Dubai is located at the Burj Al Arab Hotel. One of the most recognizable aspects of the Burj Al Arab is the cantilevered platform, which serves helipads and hovers at a height of 210 meters (689 feet) above the ground. Also, it is a stage for events like David Guetta’s special set, Federer&Agassi tennis contest, and others.
Interesting to know! Be aware that a seven-star hotel does not exist, but where did the slogan originate? It was really initially stated by a journalist in 1999 while they were evaluating the brand-new Burj Al Arab Hotel, but it undoubtedly made an impact.
Even though the hotel only receives a 5-star rating under Dubai classifications, which are governed by the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, the Jumeirah group, which owns and operates the hotel, nonetheless touts “7-star service” in its marketing.
How To Get Inside Burj Al Arab Hotel
Do not even attempt to enter the hotel uninvited: security will stop you well before you get close to the structure. The hotel is not open to go-in visits from unpaid guests. But still, there are several ways to get inside:
- Afternoon Tea Burj Al Arab. Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab Hotel is available from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM every day and is priced at AED 429 per adult including a guided tour around Burj Al Arab. Children up to the age of 12 are charged half price. A variety of tea, coffee, scones, sandwiches, and pastries are offered on the menu. Also, you can have high tea at Sky View Bar.
- Lunch or Dinner At Burj Al Arab. You can choose from a 2 or 3-course lunch or dinner in Iwan (traditional Arabic cuisine), San Eddar (international cuisine), or Bastion (french restaurant on the 25th floor of Jumeirah Beach Hotel). All experiences include “Inside Burj Al Arab Guided Tour”. The price starts at AED 489 per person. A wide selection of dishes is included in the menu.
- Inside Tours. Burj Al Arab tours are available daily, from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and cost AED 249 per person. The tour includes a brief visit to the hotel’s luxurious and opulent interiors, accompanied by an experienced guide who will provide interesting facts about the iconic building. After the tour, visitors have access to the terrace where they can take stunning photographs from one of the world’s tallest hotels. Also, you can choose a tour with a food or beverage package for AED 299. The tour takes around 1 h 30 min.
- Book a table at the restaurant. There are 8 signature restaurants in the Burj Al Arab. You can book a table in advance and order something from the a la carte menu.
- Day passes with pool access. You can stay at Burj Al Arab SAL Beach Club for a day. The price for weekdays is AED 800 per person including a food and beverage credit of AED 400 and AED 1000 for Weekends per person including a food and beverage credit of AED 500.
- Stay at the hotel for a night. Not the cheapest option so far. Room rates at Burj Al Arab start at around AED 6,500 per night for a Deluxe Room, with the more luxurious Diplomatic Suplex Suite commanding a hefty price tag of up to AED 45,000 per night.
Further, we will discuss all the mentioned ways.
Afternoon Tea Burj Al Arab at Sahn Eddar or Pearl Lounge
View this post on Instagram
Afternoon tea at Sahn Eddar restaurant in the prestigious Burj Al Arab Hotel is a truly special experience.
From 3 PM to 5 PM every day, you can enjoy a 7-course tea with a selection of delectable treats along with premium teas and coffees.
The Afternoon Tea Burj Al Arab menu also includes freshly baked scones, delicate pastries, and delicious finger sandwiches. Some options include even champagne.
Depending on the selected package the price starts at AED 429 per person. It is served in a lounge on the first floor inside Burj Al Arab or at Sahn Eddar restaurant.
|Option||Duration||What is Included||Price|
|Tour + Pearl Lounge Afternoon Tea||60-90 min||-Inside Burj Al Arab Guided Tour (13:00 - 14:30)|
-Afternoon Tea (15:00 to 17:00)
|From AED 429|
|Tour + Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar||60-90 min||-Inside Burj Al Arab guided tour (13:30–15:30)|
-Afternoon Tea, including a selection of sandwiches and scones
-Access to Sahn Eddar
|From AED 739|
|Tour + Afternoon Tea at Sahn Eddar with Champagne||60-90 min||-Inside Burj Al Arab tour (for tours 13.:30–15:30)|
Afternoon Tea with
Champagne, including a selection of sandwiches
-Access to Sahn Eddar
|From AED 839|
You can check for all the opportunities here.
High Tea at Skyview Bar in Burj al Arab Hotel
View this post on Instagram
Why not try High Tea at Burj Al Arab’s Skyview Bar which is located on the 27th floor? While appreciating the breathtaking views from one of the highest hotels in the world, choose from a variety of teas and coffees. Pick from a variety of mouthwatering pastries, cakes, sandwiches, and other goodies. Every day between 3 PM and 7 PM, the experience is offered for AED 375 per person.
Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab Afternoon Tea
With Afternoon Tea at the Burj Al Arab and a visit to the Burj Khalifa on a contemporary Dubai Tour, you can experience the best of both worlds. Reward yourself with afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab Hotel, one of Dubai’s most opulent hotels. Enjoy delectable delicacies and breathtaking city views at one of their numerous eateries.
Then enjoy breathtaking views of Dubai from the renowned Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, and be in awe of its magnificent architecture. The excursion lasts about 8 hours and costs AED 1340 per person. All the admission tickets are included, as well as the transfer. To check availability click here.
Another option is a combo trip At the Top of Burj Khalifa and Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab. You will start with the world’s highest structure Burj Khalifa and get to the 124 & 125 floors.
After that, you’ll travel to the Burj Al Arab, one of Dubai’s most opulent hotels, for an unforgettable experience. In one of their restaurants, savor afternoon tea with a variety of delicious pastries while admiring stunning cityscapes. The excursion lasts around 5 hours and costs AED 1340 per person. All the admission tickets are included, as well as the transfer. To check availability click here.
Dhow Cruise with Burj al Arab Afternoon Tea
With this Super Saver package, which includes both a Dhow Cruise and Afternoon Tea at the Burj Al Arab, you can experience the finest of Dubai. Admire the splendor of the city while sailing around the famous Dubai Creek in the comfort of a traditional dhow. Then, reward yourself with afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab, one of Dubai’s most luxurious hotels.
Enjoy delectable delicacies and breathtaking city views at one of their numerous eateries. The excursion lasts about 3 hours and costs AED 178 per person. All the admission tickets are included. Also, you can add sharing transfer for extra. To check availability click here.
This combo is not available at the moment.
Dubai City Tour with Burj al Arab Afternoon Tea
Take a city tour and have afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab Hotel as part of a super saver package to see the finest of Dubai. Explore the top attractions in one of the world’s most lively towns, including well-known sites like the Jumeirah Mosque, Atlantis Hotel, the Burj Al Arab, Dubai Mall, and The Palm Jumeirah.
Next, you’ll travel to the Burj Al Arab, one of the most opulent hotels in the area, for an unforgettable experience. At one of their restaurants, take in the lovely views of the city while enjoying afternoon tea with a range of delicious delicacies. Don’t miss out on this excursion, which costs AED 90 per person and lasts about 4 hours. Sharing transfer is included. To check availability click here.
The tour is not available at the moment.
Dubai Frame with the Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab
With this one-of-a-kind event, which includes both a trip to the Dubai Frame and afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab Hotel, you may get a distinctive perspective of Dubai.
Get an unrivaled overview of the city’s past, present, and future by gazing out from the 150m-high Dubai Frame. After that, proceed to one of the city’s most opulent hotels to enjoy afternoon tea at one of their eateries.
While admiring the lovely views of the city, indulge in some delectable snacks. Don’t miss out on this trip, which lasts about 4 hours and costs AED 1340 per person. The transfer is included. To check availability click here.
Lunch or Dinner at Burj Al Arab
Visit Al Iwan with traditional Emirati cuisine or Sahn Eddar with international flavors at the Burj Al Arab Hotel or Bastion with truly French tastes on the 25th floor of Jumeirah Beach Hotel to indulge in one of the most opulent dining experiences in the whole world.
You can choose from a 2 or 3-course set lunch or dinner which includes soft drinks, nibbles, appetizers, main courses, and desserts.
All these experiences include a guided tour inside Burj Al Arab.
In one of their restaurants, savor the distinctive flavors of your meal while admiring the spectacular views of the city.
The prices start at AED 429 per person.
To check availability click here.
Burj Al Arab Inside Tours
Take an exclusive insider tour of Dubai’s Burj Al Arab Hotel to see how the world’s most opulent hotel operates. Gain insight into the famous structure’s inner workings and a greater understanding of its stunning architecture and unrivaled facilities.
A fascinating interactive presentation, tours of the dining rooms and lobby, access to private lounges, the chance to learn about their famous designs and finishes, and special picture opportunities are all included in the trip. It provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to interact closely with and admire this magnificent architectural marvel!
Also, there are options to choose from packages including soft beverages, coffee, premium beverages, champagne, and gold cappuccino at UMA lounge.
You can choose options with private or shared transfers as well.
Tours last around 1 h 30 minutes and cost AED 249 per person.
|Inside Burj Al Arab Hotel Tour with Transfers from Dubai||AED 326||Check availability|
|Tickets for Inside Burj Al Arab Tour||AED 249||Check availability|
|Tickets for Inside Burj Al Arab Tour with Transfers Option||AED 326||Check availability|
|Tickets for Inside Burj Al Arab Tour with Food or Beverage Package||AED 299||Check availability|
|Guided Inside Burj Al Arab Tour||AED 249||Check availability|
|Inside Burj Al Arab Tour with Soft Beverage at UMA||AED 299||Check availability|
|Inside Burj Al Arab Tour with Signature Beverage – UMA Sunset –||AED 349||Check availability|
|Inside Burj Al Arab Tour with Gold Cappuccino at UMA||AED 399||Check availability|
|IBAA Tour With Dinner at AI Iwan||AED 699||Check availability|
|Inside Burj Al Arab Tour||AED 249||Check availability|
|Inside Burj Al Arab Dubai Guided Experience||AED 335||Check availability|
The Restaurants and Bars in Burj al Arab
View this post on Instagram
You can make a reservation in one of the following restaurants and bars in advance and have a great time there.
- UMA Lounge.
- Al Iwan.
- Sahn Eddar.
- Al Mahara (seafood underwater restaurant)/
- Al Muntaha.
- Skyview Bar.
How To Reach
Burj Al Arab Hotel is located on the waterfront of Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach and can be easily reached by car or taxi. There is free private parking available on-site for its guests.
You can also use public transport, accessing Dubai Metro’s Red Line to Equiti Metro Station (the nearest station), Mall of the Emirates Metro Station, or Mashreq Metro Station, or taking bus routes 8, 81, 88, 29, or x28.
Are children allowed for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab?
Children are allowed at Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab at Sahn Edder restaurant and bar which is on the 1st floor of the hotel, however, they must be accompanied by a paying adult. Non-alcoholic drinks and snacks for younger guests are provided.
Children are not allowed to enter Skyview Bar, which is a sky bar on the 27th floor of the famous hotel, as alcohol is served there.
What is the dress code for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab?
The dress code for Afternoon Tea at the Burj Al Arab is smart elegant or business casual. Gentlemen should wear trousers with a collared shirt, while ladies should wear a skirt or trousers with a blouse or top.
How much is afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab Hotel?
Afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab costs AED 360 per person.
Can you go to Burj Al Arab for a drink?
Yes, you can enjoy drinks at Burj Al Arab, but better to book in advance! The famous hotel also offers a variety of cocktails, wines, and spirits as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
What time is afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab?
Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab is served daily from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM. The afternoon tea experience features signature blends of teas, finger sandwiches, pastries, and scones.
People who have experienced Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab mention the following pros:
- The waiters and service are excellent.
- The food is great and delicious.
People who have experienced Afternoon Tea at Burj Al Arab mention the following cons:
- There is no outside view from Sahn Eddar.
- Too expensive for what little you get.
Other Ways to See Burj Al Arab From The Outside
Enjoy an unforgettable Afternoon Tea experience at the most iconic hotel Burj Al Arab! Combine their stunning views with a full selection of delicious snacks and teas. A high tea tour will allow you to enjoy the traditional afternoon ritual and live music.
Unwind in luxurious surroundings as you watch panoramic views of the Dubai coastline.
You can combine Afternoon Tea with Dhow Cruise, visit Dubai Frame or Burj Khalifa, or with booking a city tour.
Also, we recommend considering booking an Inside Tour with UMA Lounge instead of just Afternoon Tea, if you want to have a full view of the hotel.
About The Author
I am Anastasia, the author of this blog and a passionate and experienced traveler who resides in the UAE.
I have visited every Emirate, every popular sight, and every hidden gem.
I m here to help you make your trip to the UAE unforgettable.