Dubai has a very popular and unique park downtown. Burj Park is downtown near some of the best views of local attractions.
You can sit on the green grass and gaze up at the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building), watch the fountain shows in the evening, or enjoy one of the many scheduled activities.
The park is easy to get to, and families can spend a day attending events, shopping, sightseeing, eating at one of the numerous restaurants, renting a bike, and going for a relaxing ride around the lake.
Burj Park Overview
- The best time to visit: visiting in the winter to avoid the summer heat is recommended. For example, the average temperature in July is 106 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average in December is 79 degrees Fahrenheit. That is quite a difference.
- Recommended time: 1-2 hours. The time of day you visit can depend on the purpose of your visit. If you are looking for a quiet stroll with few people, morning is your best bet. However, later afternoon and evening are also great times to visit. When all the illumination shows start, you can take in the spectacular sunset and watch the water fountain show.
- Pets: Pets are allowed if monitored.
- Barbecue: Burj Park is a great place for a picnic but does not allow visitors to barbecue.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Water refilling stations.
- Prayer rooms.
- Outdoor sport area.
- Play area for kids.
The area is wheelchair-accessible.
There is no fee to enter the park. Keep in mind that some of the attractions nearby might have fees, so if you plan to expand your sightseeing, check on that first.
Burj Park is open 24/7.
Things To Do at Burj Park and Nearby
One of the most popular activities at the Burj Park in Dubai is exploring its artistic elements—notably statues and sculptures.
The Dandelion Light sculpture is an oversized steel representation of fourteen dandelions. Their multi-colored lights are especially striking in the evening as the 22-foot-tall flowers add a bit of nature to the urbanized downtown area.
Another must-see is the Three Fingers statue. The sculpture imitates Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s well-known and popular hand gesture. As a symbol of patriotism and inspiration to work hard, many people flock to see it and admire its positive message.
An inspirational sculpture that visitors should notice is the Wings of Mexico. A pair of wings placed at the perfect spot for photos draws people to it with its message of dreams, love, and hope for the future.
View this post on Instagram
The tallest building in the world stands at one end of Burj Park Dubai. The Burj Khalifa is 828 meters in height, has 160 storeys, and opened in 2010. Below are some highlights that are a must-see when you visit:
- The Observation Decks are located on the 124, 125, and 148 floors. The one on the 148th floor is the highest in the world and provides an awe-inspiring view.
- The Lounge is located on 152,153,154 floors, visitors can have a meal there.
- The high-end restaurant called Atmosphere is located on the 122nd floor and it is the highest restaurant in the world. It will make dining a culinary experience you will always remember.
- The longest-distance elevator ride in the world (504 meters).
Burj Khalifa is open 24 hours a day. However, specific venues may have different hours, so check before going.
Near the Burj Park is the Dubai Mall. It is the second-largest mall in the world for size.
There are over 1300 stores and 200 restaurants. High-end luxury items, including clothes and jewelry, are featured. It also has a metro station inside for easy access to the mall and the surrounding area. There is also a multi-screen theater, a children’s activity center called Kidzania, an ice rink, and an aquarium.
The Dubai Mall opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 12:00 AM. However, some stores and venues may have different hours, so verifying before you arrive is best.
Check out our blog post to learn things to do in Dubai Mall.
Located inside the Dubai Mall is the world-renowned Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
Visitors can view over 140 species, of which there are thousands of specimens.
The Aquarium also features animal experiences where you can view crocodiles and watch shark trainers and feeding sessions. There are also opportunities to participate in diving, including shark cages and learning about scuba diving.
Timings vary from weekdays and weekends.
- Weekdays: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Weekends: 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
There are several ticket packages to choose from. Tickets are subject to availability as there are limited openings each day.
- Regular Pass: $54.00 includes adults and children two years and older.
- Ultimate Experience: $81.00 includes adults and children two years and older. The ticket also includes two coupons of about $5.50 for the café and the gift shop.
- Encounters are additional experiences that take place throughout the day. They are an additional $27.00 each.
The Burj Park in Dubai has one of the best views of the Dubai Fountains. As the world’s tallest fountain, its spectacular performance dazzles onlookers 365 days a year.
The performance is a series of water jets dancing and arcing in patterns. At the same time, 75 projectors provide up to 1.5 million lumens of color on top of it. Meanwhile, music of many different genres plays in the background.
This inspirational dance of water, color, and sound has wowed locals and tourists for years and will continue to do so for years to come. Many of them choose to watch from Burj Park to avoid the crowds.
It starts at 6:00 PM and continues every 30 minutes.
The Dubai Fountains are free to view, but there are options to view up close, which costs a fee.
The Lake Ride (as described below) is the most popular.
Visitors can also stroll along the Dubai Fountain Boardwalk for about $5.50.
Learn more about Dubai fountain timings here.
If you want the best view of the Dubai Fountains, hop aboard a traditional boat called an “Abra” and ride on the Burj Lake for a front-row view.
As the wonderous water and light show plays, visitors can experience it from a unique perspective.
The Lake Ride runs $18.50 for visitors three years and older. You can book your lake ride in advance here.
The first boat starts at 5:45 PM, and the last is at 11:15 PM. They go every 30 minutes.
On your way to the Burj Park in Dubai, you will walk past the Dubai Opera. It is certainly worth a stop as they offer tours that expose the incredible architecture and design of the building and backstage tricks and secrets.
The Dubai Opera can hold up to 2000 guests. They can set up to present all types of performances, from orchestral arrangements to ballet to plays and, of course, opera.
There are a few options for tours and shows, as described below.
They are certainly worth experiencing:
- Pre-Show Dinner allows show-goers to dine in before the show starts. They can view the Dubai Fountain from the large windows while dining on a three-course menu and wine or mocktails for $65.00. Reservations are required as space is limited.
- The Lounge opens two hours before the show starts. For $61.00, guests will receive a small bottle and canapes. The lounge is a relaxing space where guests can meet and mingle.
- Tours are the best way to familiarize yourself with the Dubai Opera. Seeing how your favorite shows behind the scenes and viewing the extraordinary architecture of the building is awe-inspiring. Tours are by reservation only and start at noon, with a limited number of daily tours. Adults pay $40.00, and Children pay $20.00.
You can check Dubai Opera Tours’ prices and availability here.
Souk al Bahar
Designed as a modern talk on the old “sailor’s market,” the Souk al Bahar is near Burj Park Dubai. There are 100 shops, including 22 restaurants.
The architectural design is reminiscent of traditional Arabian design, thus setting the mood for the unique products inside. Of course, there are also modern elements, but if you are looking for a gourmet lunch and some shopping, this is the place to be.
The Souk Al Bahar timings are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, it opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 10:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday, it opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 11:00 PM
Learn more about all other souks in Dubai.
Many excellent dining opportunities are within walking distance of the Burj Park in Dubai. Encompassing many cuisines from several countries and local specialties, visitors can find what they want. Below are a few of the notable restaurants you should consider.
Timeout Market is on the third floor of Souk Al Bahar. A unique concept is a place where several chefs come together in 17 stations to provide many different types of cuisines from all over Dubai.
Thiptara is a restaurant specializing in Thai food. It is known for its outdoor seating and amazing views of the Dubai Fountains. Featuring fish, the restaurant can also serve vegan and gluten-free dishes.
Hurricane’s Grill Dubai Mall is on the ground level of the Dubai Mall. If you are craving steak, then this is the place to be. Originally from Australia, the restaurants have been opening in many international markets. You will feel at home at this restaurant.
Burj Club is a great way to experience the Burj Khalifa. The restaurant is on the 124th floor and offers a stunning 360-degree view of the surrounding city. Offering barbecue brunches and situated next to a pool on the rooftop, this one-of-a-kind experience is worth every penny.
Bicycling is a popular pastime in Burj Park Dubai.
Bring your bike, peddle around the promenade, or rent an electric bike. It is a relaxing and easy way to get some exercise in.
Walking is the number one activity at Burj Park.
Also, there is a sport area where you can have training. Basketball net, volleyball, and tennis courts are available as well.
There is a small playground so your kids will also enjoy their time at Burj Park.
There are plenty of things to photograph at the Burj Park in Dubai. The statues and sculptures create a moving and meaningful opportunity for photos, especially with the backdrop of the world’s largest building, Dubai Fountains, and Souk al Bahar. It’s an excellent place for wedding photos, group photos, or even selfies.
Events and Markets
Throughout the year, Burj Park Dubai will host various events. These can range from weddings to corporate parties and public celebrations.
A few times a year, markets will open where visitors can shop and look at unique items.
Some of these events will be private, while others will be open to the public. The park staff can set for each event, erecting temporary buildings, seating, and tables depending on what is needed.
The Burj Park address is Burj Khalifa – Burj Khalifa Blvd – Downtown Dubai – Dubai.
How To Reach
- By car: can drive to the Dubai Mall and park there for free.
- By public transport: Buses (routes 9, F13, 7, 14, 27) and Metro will arrive at a station in the Dubai Mall.
- By taxi: taxis can drop visitors off next to the park or anywhere nearby. Use Careem, Uber, or YanGo app to order a taxi.
- Visitors were very impressed and happy that they could view the Dubai Fountain show from the park.
- Events are popular, including a public concert featuring famous singers.
- Several visitors loved how family-friendly the park is.
- Walking is another activity that visitors enjoy.
- Many guests said it was a great place to take pictures.
- If a private event is underway, then the park is closed.
- The large grass area and lack of facilities didn’t feel very park-like compared to other parks.
- Make a list of what you want to see.
- Check on hours to verify venues are open.
- Purchase tickets in advance.
- Remember the weather, as it can get hot, and dress appropriately or schedule activities for earlier or later in the day.
- Make sure you have lots of room on your phone for pictures.
- Have fun!
About The Author
I am Anastasia, the author of this blog and a passionate and experienced traveler who resides in the UAE.
I have visited every Emirate, every popular sight, and every hidden gem.
I m here to help you make your trip to the UAE unforgettable.