Welcome to Dubai Creek Park – a treasure trove of excitement and adventure nestled in the heart of Dubai!
This sprawling oasis is home to two renowned attractions – the captivating Dubai Dolphinarium, where you can partake in dolphin swims and be enthralled by mesmerizing bird shows, and Children’s City, an interactive wonderland where young explorers can engage with exhibits dedicated to applied sciences and gaze at the starry spectacle within the planetarium.
But that’s just the beginning! Whether you’re seeking invigorating hikes with panoramic views of lush greenery and glistening waters, sizzling barbecues amidst the serene surroundings, or leisurely picnics on the verdant grass, this park offers it all.
From sports activities like biking and hiking, to train, horses, and camels rides, and engaging play areas for young adventurers, there’s something for every visitor.
As the sun falls down, embark on a captivating dhow cruise with live entertainment and delectable dinner, or immerse yourself in the array of free events that unfold beneath the twinkling sky.
Join us as we uncover the endless wonders of Dubai Creek Park: its facilities, main attractions, and sights nearby the park.
- Dubai Creek Park Overview
- Entrance Fee
- Things To Do At Dubai Creek Park
- Children’s City
- Dubai Dolphinarium
- Kids Playgrounds
- Barbecue and picnic
- Cable Car Ride
- Cruise Ride
- Train Ride
- Horses&Camels Rides
- Events and Festivals
- Things To Do Nearby
- Dubai Creek Park Map
- How To Reach
- Creek Park Gates
Dubai Creek Park Overview
- Best time to visit: cooler months (November-March) and weekdays 8:00 AM-10:00 AM, 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Recommended time: 2-3 hours
- Best for: family with kids, nature/animal lovers, sports enthusiasts
- Pet- friendly: no
- BBQ: allowed at the designated areas
The park’s name, Creek, is derived from its location along the banks of the Dubai Creek. It is renowned as the second-largest park in Dubai. Strolling through its 96-hectare expanse of meticulously maintained parkland, which spans 2.5 km along the waterway, offers a delightful experience with its flower beds, lush green lawns, and shaded pathways.
Despite its contemporary amenities, Creek Park evokes the ambiance of a botanical garden, as considerable emphasis was placed on landscaping during its establishment. The park is home to approximately 300 species of plants and flowers, most of which were cultivated in the UAE specifically for adorning urban spaces.
Visitors will discover a variety of entertainment options at the park: they can leisurely recline on the verdant lawns, take in the view of the flower beds and trees, have a picnic, and prepare a BBQ meal in designated areas.
For water enthusiasts, the park features an RTA Ferry station where you can have a cruise.
Sports fans can partake in activities such as hiking, cycling, or roller skating along dedicated trails bordering the bay.
Those with a passion for culture can immerse themselves in concerts and other performances at the amphitheater.
The park is especially welcoming to families, providing a diverse range of entertainment for both young children and teenagers.
This includes play areas featuring a variety of slides, children’s activities, train rides, shows at the Dubai Dolphinarium, camel or horse riding, and an interactive science center called Children’s City.
Visitors need to be aware that pets are not allowed within the park.
- Prayer rooms
- Free Parking
- Children playgrounds
- Food kiosks and restaurants
- Barbecue and picnic areas
- Sports facilities (hiking, cycling, go-kart tracks)
- Train Ride service
- Horses Camels Rides
- Bike rentals
- RTA Ferry cruises
- Dubai Dolphinarium
- Children’s City
- Wheelchair accessible
Note that there is no public WI-Fi available at the park.
It costs 5 AED per individual to visit Dubai Creek Park. Complimentary for POD and youngsters under 2 years old.
Entry fees can be paid by card, cash, or NOL card.
Check out our blog post about the best parks in Dubai.
Operating hours at Dubai Creek Park are as follows:
- Sunday to Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Thursday to Saturday from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
- Throughout the Holy month of Ramadan, the timings are from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Things To Do At Dubai Creek Park
Children’s City offers a vast educational space spanning three floors, where young explorers can delve into a wealth of new and fascinating knowledge that will undoubtedly benefit them in their future studies and life.
At the educational center in Creek Park, children are introduced to the concept of a person and the functioning of the human body, various sciences such as electronics and physics, the vast expanse of space, the wonders of nature, as well as exposure to applied sciences and the diverse cultures of different countries.
The center is internally divided into three thematic zones, each featuring interactive attractions for in-depth study of the subject matter and a comprehensive immersion into the topic. Additionally, there is a small planetarium capable of accommodating up to 100 visitors.
What sets this children’s center apart is the active involvement of children in all the games and master classes. They are encouraged to touch, manipulate, and experience virtually all the exhibits, facilitating a thorough understanding of the subjects taught by the center’s staff.
Consequently, the young guests of this establishment delight in assuming the role of a pilot in a real cockpit, learning to design clothes, exploring the profession of a computer designer, and marveling at enormous soap bubbles.
Facilities and services include Wi-Fi, restrooms and baby changing rooms, wheelchair accessibility, Braille exhibitions, lockers, a prayer room, baby carriages, birthday services, free card/phone recharge stations, and a first aid room.
- Timings: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM- 8:00 PM, Saturday to Sunday 2:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Price: 15 AED per adult, 10 AED per kid 2-15 y.o., 40 AED per family (2 adults + 2 kids) (check availability)
Experience an unforgettable performance featuring three dolphins and four fur seals, showcasing their astounding stunts, acrobatic displays, and innate charm.
This enthralling spectacle promises to delight your children and provide a fantastic time for the entire family as you witness a vibrant and dynamic show.
During the winter season, there are three shows scheduled:
- Dolphin and Seal Show: A 45-minute performance held three times a day, excluding Tuesdays. Guests have the option to select standard or VIP tickets for prime seating in the central part of the hall, offering an unobstructed view of the captivating dolphin and fur seal show. However, many visitors have attested that the visibility is excellent even from standard seats.
- Swim With Dolphins – Dolphin Interaction Program: Available at 10:45 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, and 4:15 PM, priced from 475 AED.
- Creek Park Exotic Bird Show: A 30-minute presentation featuring blue & gold macaws, green-winged macaws, hornbills, toucans, falcons, and Eclectus parrots.
- Timings: The show runs at 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 5:00 PM (except Tuesdays)
- Price: from 99 AED per adult, from 49 AED per kid 2-11 y.o.(check availability)
The park features two distinct playgrounds designed for children, each equipped with swings, slides, and climbing structures, all of which are sheltered by canopies to shield the little ones from the harsh sun.
One of the playgrounds incorporates two musical instruments tailored for children, while the other is more expansive, boasting an array of slides, swings, bridges, and numerous benches for seating, all thoughtfully illuminated. Additionally, complimentary drinking water is readily available within this area.
Barbecue and picnic
Barbecue and picnic at Dubai Creek Park offers a cozy and refreshing experience. A water cooler/filter is available to provide cold, thirst-quenching water, allowing visitors to escape the intense heat.
Once hydrated, guests can indulge in delicious treats from food kiosks, relax on lush green lawns or their own picnic blankets, and savor their meals. The park allows for the preparation of food, including the cooking of meat (excluding pork) and vegetables over coals, with designated areas allocated for this purpose.
Visitors are encouraged to bring their own folding tables, chairs, and equipment for lighting coals to enhance their outdoor dining experience.
Cable Car Ride
The cable car ride, which previously provided a half-hour excursion soaring 30 meters above the ground, is out of service now.
The highlight of the experience is the boat ride. If you are commuting to your destination via the subway, you can catch a boat from Creek Station. Be sure to take a boat to the opposite shore, as this leisurely journey is both enjoyable and affordable at just 2 AED.
Dubai Creek Park offers a unique hiking experience, combining the elements of a greenhouse and botanical garden within its expansive grounds.
With approximately 300 plant species thriving on its premises, the park boasts vibrant flower beds adorned with an array of rich colors, while its spacious, well-maintained pathways beckon visitors for leisurely strolls. The park’s landscape is expertly crafted and maintained by professionals, making it a hub for landscape design master classes.
As you traverse the special winding paths, you can take your time to fully immerse yourself in the beauty of the park’s natural surroundings.
Dedicated tracks are available for cycling, skateboarding, and rollerblading enthusiasts to enjoy their preferred activities.
Visitors have the option to rent bicycles tailored for various age groups, with rental rates ranging from AED 40 to AED 50 per hour, and the flexibility to rent bikes for individuals, couples, or families. Additionally, three-wheeled scooters are also available for rental.
Enjoy exhilarating go-kart rides at Dubai Creek Park, where you can race along specialized paths, some of which offer stunning views of the water’s surface.
The mini train rides available at Dubai Creek Park offer an ideal solution for families with young children and parents looking for a convenient way to discover the park’s attractions in a brief timeframe. Additionally, the rides provide a delightful break from walking.
The park lets people of all skill levels enjoy a leisurely horseback ride in a beautiful setting. In addition, camel rides are available, giving visitors the chance to experience a traditional mode of transport and connect with these incredible animals. These activities are a fantastic way to soak in the cultural and natural splendor of Dubai while having an unforgettable outdoor adventure.
The beach at Dubai Creek Park offers a serene escape with stunning views and a relaxed atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy the tranquil waters and soft sands, making it an ideal spot for leisurely strolls, picnics, or simply unwinding by the shore.
Set sail with Bon Voyage juice, a charming mini kiosk offering delightful snacks and refreshing soft beverages.
For a quick bite, head over to ICE CUBE CAFÉ located near Children’s City, or indulge in sweet treats at Baskin Robbins, conveniently situated in the same vicinity.
Craving a satisfying meal? Bon Voyage Cafeteria within the park serves up a delectable selection of burgers, hot dogs, and a variety of cold and hot drinks, along with tempting ice cream options.
For a more substantial dining experience full of Egyptian and Emirati delicacies, Themar Albahar Restaurant, located near the Garhoud Bridge Fishing Pier, offers a diverse menu just 1.2 km from the park’s main entrance.
Malik Burger Restaurant & Cafeteria provides a menu with a large selection of dishes and a wonderful view of the canal.
Additionally, Domino’s Pizza is a mere 6-minute walk from the main entrance and Children’s City, providing a pizza break close to the Dubai Dolphinarium.
The Amphitheatre at Dubai Creek Park, with a capacity of 1,200 individuals, provides a stunning venue for captivating performances and events amidst the park’s picturesque surroundings.
Events and Festivals
As a vibrant cultural and social center, the park offers numerous venues for hosting a wide array of events, including shopping festivals, live music performances, free meditation sessions, and captivating dance shows.
For a couple of years, the park has been the cherished host of the Kite Mela festivals, with the most recent being the 2024th edition. The festival features an array of activities, including kite flying, where participants can showcase their skills and engage in friendly kite battles and aerial displays.
Additionally, attendees can immerse themselves in lively dance performances, groove to the beats of talented DJs, savor a diverse range of culinary delights, and compete in various fun activities for the chance to win exciting prizes.
Things To Do Nearby
- Gold Souk: Boasting over 300 stores, visitors can discover an unparalleled array of exquisitely crafted gold jewelry designs. It is situated 6.5 kilometers from the park, reachable within 15 minutes by car or 30 minutes using public transportation. Chek out our blog post about souks in Dubai.
- Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club: An 18-hole club that has been recognized as one of the premier golf courses to visit by Golf World magazine. Additionally, the club offers six dining establishments, Padel tennis, a fitness center, the option to schedule private golf lessons with a coach, and access to a temperature-controlled pool (day pass available from 125 AED per person). It is located 3.5 kilometers from the park, easily accessible within 10 minutes by car or 40 minutes on foot.
- Al Seef: Al Seef stands as a fresh district with old Arabian vibes featuring a market zone, three museums, a variety of dining choices, and three elegant hotels, each providing lavish luxury apartments that showcase stunning views of the picturesque bay. It is located 4.6 kilometers from the park, accessible within 10 minutes by car, 35 minutes using public transportation, or 1 hour on foot.
- Burj Khalifa: Burj Khalifa stands as the focal point of the city, boasting 163 floors that house offices, residential apartments, hotels, shops, restaurants, observation decks, and even a mosque. It is situated 10 kilometers from the park, easily accessible within 16-20 minutes by car or 50 minutes using public transportation.
- Dubai Mall: The world’s largest shopping mall, boasting more than 1,200 stores, a colossal aquarium, an Olympic-sized ice rink, a cutting-edge cinema, and an array of over 200 dining choices. Additionally, the mall showcases the breathtaking Dubai Fountain, hosting a mesmerizing water and light show every evening. It is located 10 kilometers from the park, accessible within 15 minutes by car or 40 minutes using public transportation.
- Dubai Frame: A building shaped like a photo frame that serves as a symbolic divider between Dubai’s new district, characterized by modern skyscrapers, and the old district, featuring small houses and mosques. The shiny Dubai Frame encompasses a museum and an observation deck within its premises. It is situated 6.3 kilometers from the park, easily accessible within 7-10 minutes by car or 50 minutes using public transportation.
- Green Planet Dubai: offers a remarkable sanctuary for wildlife within a bustling metropolis. Visitors can immerse themselves in an authentic tropical forest environment and encounter its diverse inhabitants, including over 3000 species of exotic flora and fauna. Green Planet is located 10 kilometers from the park, easily accessible within 14 minutes by car or 1 hour using public transportation.
Dubai Creek Park Map
It’s located in Bur Dubai. The exact address is Umm Hurair 2 – Dubai.
How To Reach
To access Dubai Creek Park, there are several convenient transportation options available:
- Public transport: You can conveniently reach the park by taking bus route 10, which stops at the Creek Park Main Gate bus stop located adjacent to the park. Alternatively, you can opt for the green metro line and alight at Dubai Healthcare City Station, followed by the 1 km walk to the park.
- Private vehicle: Check out the exact address on the map mentioned before. Free parking spaces are available near the entrance gates, with Gate 1 often reaching full capacity, particularly on weekends. We recommend using the parking area near Gate 4 or 5, as it offers more available parking space.
- Taxi services: You can also access the park by utilizing ride-hailing services such as Careem, Uber, or the YanGo app for a convenient journey. Learn tips how to use taxi here.
Creek Park Gates
The park features 6 entrance gates, with three gates situated along the main street, while the remaining two gates are located on one side of the Al Garhood and Al Maktoum bridges.
Gate 1 serves as the primary entrance, leading to the Dolphinarium and Children’s City.
The Gate 4 parking area is near the Floating Bridge.
Gate 5 provides access to the Prayer Room.
Furthermore, designated BBQ and picnic areas can be found near Gates 1, 4, and 5, offering visitors convenient spots to enjoy outdoor dining and leisure activities.
Learn more about outdoor activities in Dubai.
We have compiled a list of Dubai Creek Park’s pros and cons, drawing from the feedback provided by recent visitors to the park.
- Abundant greenery and picturesque water views.
- Well-maintained and clean surroundings.
- Ample space is available for BBQ and picnics.
- Numerous recreational and entertainment amenities for children, including play areas, dolphin and seal/bird shows, Children’s City, as well as camel and horse riding activities.
- Free parking.
- Plenty of dining options and refreshment kiosks.
- Clean restrooms.
- Limited parking space, particularly during weekends.
- No WI-Fi.
- If you plan to go fishing near the park, head to Garhoud Bridge Fishing Pier, but ensure that you have a recreational fishing license from Dubai Municipality. You can obtain a fishing license free of charge by applying online on the Dubai Municipality website.
- Be mindful that the parking lot at Gate 1 tends to reach full capacity on weekends. Consider parking at Gate 4 or 5 to find more available parking spaces. Keep in mind that illegal parking may result in a fine of 500 AED, so park responsibly.
- Maximize your visit by combining two shows at the Dolphinarium. Following the dolphin show, a bird show takes place in the same location, allowing you to enjoy both performances seamlessly.
- As there is no nearby ATM, it is advisable to withdraw cash in advance, as many cafes and shops only accept cash payments.
- The park tends to become crowded by 6:00 PM, particularly on weekends. To secure parking and find a suitable picnic spot, it is recommended to arrive early for a more enjoyable experience.
- Ensure a hassle-free entry by carrying your NOL card and pre-funding your account to cover any expenses during your visit.
Pay attention to the rules:
- Please refrain from touching the sculptures within the park, as indicated by warning signs placed near them.
- Kindly note that pets are not permitted within the park premises.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the park by disposing of waste in designated bins and refraining from littering.
- BBQ and picnic activities are only permitted in designated areas allocated for these purposes.
- Visitors are requested to dress appropriately and maintain a decent appearance while in the park.
- Consuming food is not allowed within the kid’s play areas.
- Smoking, including the use of shisha, is strictly prohibited within the park grounds.
- Camping within the park is not permitted under any circumstances.
About The Author
I am Anastasia, the author of this blog and a passionate and experienced traveler who resides in the UAE.
I have visited every Emirate, every popular sight, and every hidden gem.
I m here to help you make your trip to the UAE unforgettable.