One of the worth-seeing Dubai’s latest hotspots is the Madame Tussauds Museum. The stunning Madame Tussauds wax museum, the 1st opened under the culty brand in the Middle East, brings a bit of fame and glitz to the United Arab Emirates.
Come to encounter over 65 lifelike wax statues of famous persons. Dubai’s Madame Tussauds Museum provides distinctive and welcoming interactives, regardless of visitors’ preference for local heroes from the Middle East or international stars such as Justin Bieber or Audrey Hepburn. So, there’s a little chance to meet the superstars in real life, then you’re able to gently touch your idol there!
Take your camera with you and snap photos next to exhibits that look like real-life person, whose main features you can find in our guide. And, of course, we haven’t forgotten about such important facts as ticket prices, life hacks, and ways to get to the venue.
Key Features and Overview
Welcome to Madame Tussauds Dubai, an amazing location filled with lifelike wax sculptural reproductions of your favorite stars and world leaders! Here are the key facts about this branch of the iconic museum that is the first in the GCC:
- Brand History: In 1835, Marie Tussauds, a French wax sculptor, founded the London Museum of Madame Tussauds, and it has since expanded to America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- Opening Date: October, 2021.
- Recommended Time: Visitors are recommended to spend around 1 hour at the museum (if it is not crowded).
- Number of Wax Statues: There are over 65 wax models on display.
- Newly Installed Wax Figures: It recently added statues of Majid Al Mohandis and Benazir Bhutto.
- Wax Figure Coming Soon: Allu Arjun will soon be added to the waxy collection.
- Facilities and Amenities: The venue is accessible for strollers and has a gift shop, accessible toilet and toilets with baby changing facilities, elevators as it’s two-story, and parking spaces. Additionally, visitors can take advantage of the photo stations and get free downloads of their images by scanning the QR code that museum staff members have to offer.
- New Zone: The museum has added a Prank Zone where you may dress up in unique prank attire to shoot funny videos of your unsuspecting friends or family!
- Fun Facts: The lifelike sculptures created for the famed wax museum are proudly handmade using the same methods as over two hundred years ago. Expert sculptors need 12 weeks to finish one replica. The artist records five hundred exact body compositions during this time, inserts actual hair one strand at a time, builds up the skin tones with numerous layers of paint, and more.
Zones and List of Wax Figures
Come look at your favorite celebs from the world of music, media, politics, cinema, modeling or beauty industry, and sport, that are available for exploration at Madame Tussauds Dubai’s 7 zones. Let’s take a look at all the zones you’ll encounter during your visit.
A-List Music Party
In the Music zone, you’ll come across famous musicians like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift. You can try the moonwalk next to Michael Jackson’s wax copy and even pretend to play the guitar with Ed Sheeran, songwriter of the pop hit ‘Shape of You’, or sing along to Queen’s ‘Show Must Go On’ with Freddie Mercury. But be quiet, otherwise, others may not appreciate your vocal abilities.
List of figures:
- Balqees Ahmed Fathi;
- Justin Bieber;
- Justin Timberlake;
- Majid Al Mohandis;
- Miley Cyrus;
- Taylor Swift;
- Nancy Ajram;
- and more.
The Fashion area showcases top models, designers, or socialites like the Jenners and Zendaya, a model and actress, better known for her roles in the TV series ‘Euphoria’ and films about Spider-Man. Don’t forget to take pictures since you’ll feel like you’re on the catwalk with these style icons!
List of figures:
- Cara Delevingne;
- David Beckham and Victoria Beckham;
- Elie Saab;
- Huda Kattan and Mona Kattan;
- Kendall Jenner;
- Kylie Jenner;
- and more.
In the Film area, immerse yourself in the glamour of Hollywood by meeting stars like John Travolta, Vin Diesel, and Jennifer Lawrence. Charge yourself with the manly power of Tom Cruise’s ‘impossible’ feat, strike Kung Fu’s Crane Pose like Jackie Chan or just shoot a catchy selfie with famous actors and actresses and recreate iconic movie scenes.
List of figures:
- Audrey Hepburn;
Marilyn Monroe (a new wax figure added in 2024) ;
- Kris Fade;
- John Travolta;
- Jackie Chan;
- Jennifer Lawrence;
- Tom Cruise;
- Vin Diesel;
- Dwayne Johnson (was added in November 2023);
- and more.
Wax replicas of well-known politicians and royalty, such as Queen Elizabeth II and former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, can be found as you proceed into the Leaders zone. This is your chance to meet these leaders in person and appreciate their contributions to history.
List of figures:
- Donald Trump;
- Elizabeth II;
- Madame Marie Tussaud;
- Melania Trump;
- Narendra Modi;
- Benazir Bhutto;
- Xi Jinping;
- and more.
Your favorite athletes, including ace players Lionel Messi (who recently became the eight-time winner of the Ballon d’Or), and Cristiano Ronaldo, are right in front of you at the Sports Zone. Try your physical prowess and strike a pose with them for an uplifting photo moment.
List of figures:
- Connor McGregor
- Amna Al Haddad
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Lewis Hamilton
- Lionel Messi
- Mohamad Salah
- Muhammad Ali
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Virat Kohli
- and more.
One of the largest numbers of wax models among 7 zones featuring famous personalities. The Bollywood zone honors the enchantment of Indian filmmaking by presenting renowned Bollywood stars like Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor. Here, you may get up close and personal with these bright stars while admiring their exquisite national costumes and Indian attire with a modern flair.
List of figures:
- Kareena Kapoor Khan;
- Katrina Kaif;
- Amitabh Bachchan;
- Allu Arjun;
- Salman Khan;
- Shah Rukh Khan;
- and more.
Madame Tussauds provides the Exclusive Fame Experience (starting at 305 AED) for persons seeking a VIP photo and edutainment journey. A group of up to ten visitors can participate in the 90-minute guided tour that offers the ideal chance to discover fascinating details regarding the making of the wax sculptures. A professional group photographer will assist guests in taking an endless number of digital pictures to cherish their trip. The option makes it possible (for adults) to cast their own hands in wax as a special treat, producing a one-of-a-kind keepsake to bring home.
For guests who are eight years of age or older and taller than 1.3 m, the sight offers the Wax Hand Experience, where they can design their own personalized wax hand souvenir. Visitors can make a unique masterpiece by selecting from a range of colors and patterns; one hand memento costs 40 AED, two hands cost 80 AED, and a four-handed souvenir for a couple costs 160 AED. To make a mold, you have to put your palm into warm wax and then into cold water. When the mold is finished, the wax is meticulously taken out and expertly painted.
Are you up for meeting some British royalty? Then the experience of having Tea with The Queen is ideal for you. Take a seat at a beautifully arranged table for afternoon tea and marvel at the life-like quality of Her Majesty’s wax figure.
Don’t miss the Interactive Catwalk experience if you’re a fashion fan. Walking the catwalk and striking a posture with Anna Wintour as the judge will make you feel like a real supermodel. Before walking on the podium, you can shoot an interesting video or take photographs against the backdrop of an installation in the form of white wings.
Dance lovers will enjoy the Bollywood Dance Floor, where you can join the biggest stars of the Indian film industry. Show off your dance moves, learn new ones shown on the big screen, and feel the music next to Bollywood stars.
Are you keen on sports? The Interactive Sports Zone is here to make you test your skills alongside some of the world’s top athletes, but… without using the ball! The interactive game invites you to evaluate the position of the ball and warm up, swing your leg, and hit the virtual ball shown on the screen. It’s like you’re a player in a FIFA computer game.
If you’re in the mood for a party, the A-List Music Party lets you mingle with legendary music icons in a lively atmosphere. Sing along to your favorite songs to feel that you’re a part of the grandest musical gig.
Madame Tussauds Dubai offers the ultimate Spider-Man Experience (starting from 210 AED with the standard entry) for fans of the beloved neighborhood superhero. This exhilarating experience includes a printed picture of the Daily News headlines with you on the cover! Guests also have the unique opportunity to create a custom, one-of-a-kind keepsake by casting their hand in a wax with a web motif. With unlimited HD images in electronic form included, visitors can share all the excitement of their Spider-Man Experience.
Also, you can have the Drums experience at Madame Tussauds Dubai which allows visitors to play drums using real drumsticks, take part in the Kris Fade Radio Show, or feel like a DJ at the Dubai Nights area.
You will find a souvenir shop at the end of the exhibition, where you can buy small gifts for you, your family or friends.
Madame Tussauds Dubai Timings
Sunday to Thursday: The museum is open from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Make sure to note the last entry time, which is at 7:45 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays: On weekends, the museum opens earlier at 11:00 AM and stays open until 9:00 PM. You will have enough time to gaze at the magnificent wax works and make decent videos or photos.
|Madame Tussauds Adult General Admission Ticket
|Dubai: Madame Tussauds and The View at the Palm Combo Ticket
|Exclusive Fame Experience at Madame Tussauds Dubai
|Madame Tussauds Dubai and The London Project Combo
|Tickets for Madame Tussauds Dubai
|Madame Tussauds Dubai
|Madame Tussauds Dubai with private transfer
|Skip the line access to Madame Tussauds in Dubai
|Madame Tussauds Dubai with Private Transfers
|Madame Tussauds Ticket in Dubai
The UAE residents can consider a discount (around -24% off), as well as for family ticket (-20% off for four adults OR 2 adults & 2 child tickets).
If you’re planning to go to Madame Tussauds Dubai, it’s important to be aware of the booking policies of various ticket providers.
You can get your money back if you notify GetYourGuide, Tiqets, Rayna Tours, and Viator of your cancellation up to 24 hours in advance. Additionally, Tiqets allows you to reschedule up to one day in advance of your booked visit.
You should be aware that Klook tickets cannot be refunded at all.
Learn more about other Dubai museums.
Are you worried about getting the most out of your museum visit? Fear not — we’ve got you covered!
- Plan your visit: Consider visiting the attraction Sunday to Thursday, 12 pm to 8 pm, or Friday and Saturday, 11 am to 9 pm. Try to avoid visiting during weekends and evenings as it could be crowded.
- Assemble your photo props: Planning, however, encompasses more than just the business’s hours of operation. Go through your bins and select unique pieces of clothing or features that complement the overall mood and message of the picture. Would you happen to have a satin kung fu master outfit Jackie Chan might use for a picture? Take it! Alternatively, you might dress up like Holly Golightly and don long black gloves and a pearl necklace. Don’t let your creativity stop here!
- Buy tickets in advance: To avoid headaches and long waitings, book Madame Tussauds Dubai tickets online. This way, you can enjoy the promo code or discounts shared on the official website and provided by various ticket sellers which are mentioned in the table above.
- Capture memories: Remember to carry your digital camera or mobile phone so you may snap photos with your preferred wax artworks of celebrities. Take advantage of the many chances you’ll have to pose with lifelike copies. Check out Madame Tussauds Dubai’s Instagram account that features exclusive Reels including content producer and posing expert Mariana Masnaveeva’s tips and tricks for posing.
Keep your phone charged and with enough memory.
- Dress for the occasion: There isn’t an official dress code, but since you’ll be strolling and standing for a while taking in the exhibits, it’s advisable to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Be respectful: The wax statues are delicate and easily destroyed, so keep them with care and refrain from handling them too much.
- Combine: You can combine your visit with exploring Bluewaters Island, Ain Dubai (from outside only), Bluewaters Mall, and dining at one of the cafes or restaurants on the island.
And lastly, don’t forget your valid photo ID and e-ticket to have an amazing time posing with all your favorite celebrities and icons.
Note that the museum is stroller-accessible and accessible for people of determination.
To ensure a pleasant experience for all visitors at Madame Tussauds Dubai, it is important to be aware of the rules before you go. Please note that food and drinks are not permitted inside the attraction to maintain the cleanliness of the area.
Children under the age of 16 must always be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
The staff kindly asks to maintain the health and well-being of all guests and the attraction itself by adhering to the following guidelines:
- No smoking: To breathe fresh air, smoking is strictly prohibited inside the museum.
- No pets or animals: Though you might love your furry companions, they are sadly not allowed inside Madame Tussauds Dubai.
- No offensive weapons: Inside the museum, the use of any dangerous weaponry is strictly forbidden for everyone’s safety and security.
- Avoid the noise: To guarantee that no one is disturbed and that everyone can enjoy their experience, be mindful of other people and keep your noise levels down.
Keep in mind that everyone must make the space pleasurable and inviting for every visitor, therefore let’s all play a part by exemplary behavior!
Madame Tussauds Dubai is situated on Bluewaters Island, an iconic destination that combines stunning waterfront living with modern city life, and next to the Mall Bluewaters Island Dubai.
Madame Tussaud’s Dubai address is Bluewaters Mall – Bluewaters Island – Dubai.
How To Reach
By Public Transport:
The most economical and ecologically friendly method to see Dubai is by public transit. There are some ways to go to Madame Tussauds:
- By Metro and Tram: Hop on the Dubai Metro and head to the Sobha Realty Station in Dubai Marina. From there, take the Dubai Tram to Jumeirah Beach Residence 2. Once you arrive, walk across the pedestrian bridge to Bluewaters Island.
- By Bus: If you’d rather take the bus, head over to the Jumeirah Beach Residence 2 bus stop. Proceed through the pedestrian bridge over Bluewaters from there. You will come to Madame Tussauds in around ten minutes.
If you’d rather travel more privately and directly, hailing a taxi is a great option. Simply ask your driver to take you to Madame Tussauds on Bluewaters Island Dubai.
Our useful tips about taxis in Dubai can be found here.
Finally, for those driving themselves, there are clear routes from both Abu Dhabi and Dubai:
- From Abu Dhabi: Follow the E10 and E11 highways to Dubai, and take exit 29.
- From Dubai: Travel on the E11 highway and take the turnoff for Bluewaters Island.
By the way, you can enjoy your wax journey after visiting Ain Dubai which is situated close to the museum (only 400 m away). Now closed.
As for Madame Tussauds Dubai Parking: 3 hours of free parking on Bluwaters underground parking is included in your ticket. You can validate your parking ticket at the counter.
Based on multiple Google Maps reviews, here are the most common pros of Madame Tussauds Dubai:
- The wax figures are very realistic
- The museum offers a variety of exhibits and experiences
- The staff is friendly and helpful
- “The museum is well-maintained and clean”
- The Kris Fade Show is a highlight of the experience
- The Drums experience is a fun interactive exhibit
- The museum is conveniently located in Dubai
Overall, visitors seem to enjoy the lifelike wax figures, interactive exhibits, and friendly staff at Madame Tussauds Dubai. The museum is also well-maintained and conveniently located in the heart of Dubai.
Based on multiple Google Maps reviews, the most common cons of Madame Tussauds Dubai are the following:
- The museum can be crowded and busy at peak times
- The ticket prices are considered to be expensive
- The museum is smaller than expected
Overall, visitors still enjoy the experience at Madame Tussauds Dubai, but some feel that the museum can be crowded and that the ticket prices are expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the dress code for Madame Tussauds Dubai?
Madame Tussauds Dubai does not have a set dress code. Nonetheless, it's often a good idea to dress respectfully and modestly, taking into account the customs of the area. You will be walking and posing for pictures with the waxworks, so a comfortable outfit is advised.
How much time is needed at Madame Tussauds Dubai?
The average time spent there varies depending on your interests and preferences. Typically, it takes around 1 hour (if it is not crowded) to explore the museum and take photos. It's a good idea to plan and allocate at least this amount of time for your visit.
How many wax figures are in Madame Tussauds Dubai?
The exact number of wax figures at Madame Tussauds Dubai might change over time as new figures are introduced and older ones are replaced. As of 2023, you can count more than 65 pieces.
What is the best time to visit Madame Tussauds Dubai?
To avoid long queues and have a pleasant experience, weekdays are recommended. Mornings and early afternoons are usually less crowded, making it easier for you to explore the museum and take pictures without any rush.
Is there a parking area at Madame Tussauds Dubai?
Yes, visitors can use the complimentary parking area for 3 hours and head to the museum for an enjoyable visit.
After looking through the reviews, we can come to this conclusion about this place.
On the positive side, visitors appreciate the lifelike wax statues and great opportunities to snap pictures with the stars. The museum is also praised for its cleanliness and the helpfulness of the staff. It is better to go to this place with a group (family, friends), but if you decide to go alone, then people from the staff will help you take photos.
Another highlight for many visitors is the recently added Prank Zone, which ups the fun factor even further.
On the other hand, some visitors have noted that the museum can be crowded and that the ticket prices are a bit steep. Some have also mentioned that the prices of souvenirs from the gift shop are expensive. Additionally, there is hardly anything to eat within the sight itself, so being hungry might ruin the entire experience of going.
Dining venues nearby:
Anyway, Madame Tussauds Dubai is still a worthy tourist destination that provides guests with a memory to cherish. Visitors are guaranteed to have a great time at this famous wax museum if they prepare ahead of time and keep an open mind. Hope you can find all the answers you need in this guide!
About The Author
I am Anastasia, the author of this blog and a passionate and experienced traveler who resides in the UAE.
I have visited every Emirate, every popular sight, and every hidden gem.
I m here to help you make your trip to the UAE unforgettable.